Again this year the government has committed to renewing its package of funding for physical education (P.E.) and school sport. Through this ‘Physical Education and School Sport Premium’ the government is continuing to provide additional funding to support the delivery of P.E. and sport in primary schools.
This funding will be ring fenced and will be allocated directly to primary schools across England, providing them with a dedicated resource to buy in invaluable expertise and support. Funding will be allocated through a lump sum for each school and a per-pupil top-up mechanism. The formula will reference the number of primary-aged pupils (i.e. children between the ages of 5 and 11).
For this academic year the government have maintained the amount of sports funding from the previous academic year. The funding formula for this year is explained in the below downloadable document.
Sustainability Statement 2018 / 2019
- A high range and frequency of extra-curricular club opportunities has continued to be offered and the number of pupils engaging in sport is high year on year.
- Staff confidence to deliver high quality PE lessons has improved.
- Staff knowledge and understanding with regard to skill acquisition and small game preparation has increased
- The daily activity levels of the children has increased with the development of a 15 minute 'Get Active' session each day involving a range of activities.
- A new scheme of work for P.E. is in the process of being introduced, to ensure high quality lessons and progression throughout the school.
- The Sports Leaders are becoming more active in their roles, with their own budget available to spend on increasing activity levels within the school, working closely with the school council.